Do you like to crash ride?

I cracked a ZBT a few weeks after I bought it, and this was after about 40 minutes of actual playing. I know ZBT is their dogshit line of cymbals, but its longevity didn't exactly warm me toward the brand.

But I am curious what the price was, if anyone remembers.

I cracked a ZBT a few weeks after I bought it, and this was after about 40 minutes of actual playing. I know ZBT is their dogshit line of cymbals, but its longevity didn't exactly warm me toward the brand.

But I am curious what the price was, if anyone remembers.

I think it was 100 bucks.

ZBTs are crap. I personally don't always mind the sound of cheapo cymbals, but they don't last for shit.

It's probably "slightly irregular", like the socks they sell at those cheap clothing outlets.

Lol. Maybe. More likely an overstocked item that nobody buys at it's regular inflated price. The problem with Crash/Rides is that they're usually not very good as a crash or a ride.

Lol. Maybe. More likely an overstocked item that nobody buys at it's regular inflated price. The problem with Crash/Rides is that they're usually not very good as a crash or a ride.

I tried out an 18" crash/ride once. Sounded like a crash when I hit it, sounded like I was tapping a crash when I tapped it.

I'd say about once for every 10 minutes that I play, I will accidentally nail my ride as if it were a crash, then quick grab it and hope I didn't crack it. For those moments, I wish I had a crash/ride. Otherwise, nah.

I tried out an 18" crash/ride once. Sounded like a crash when I hit it, sounded like I was tapping a crash when I tapped it.

I'd say about once for every 10 minutes that I play, I will accidentally nail my ride as if it were a crash, then quick grab it and hope I didn't crack it. For those moments, I wish I had a crash/ride. Otherwise, nah.

I use a Paiste RUDE 20" Crash/Ride. It's a fucking manhole cover. So heavy and loud. Very aggressive. It's a great crash/ride, but it's pretty slow for a crash and kind of trashy for a ride. But for crash/riding, it's awesome.

I use a Paiste RUDE 20" Crash/Ride. It's a fucking manhole cover. So heavy and loud. Very aggressive. It's a great crash/ride, but it's pretty slow for a crash and kind of trashy for a ride. But for crash/riding, it's awesome.

I remember... you had the "wash" going in some song you posted and I asked you what kind of cymbal it was. I then went on amazon prepared to shell out $200 for the same one... I was almost 66% of the way there. :)

I crash my 20" Zildjian A custom ride all the time, have for 2 decades now. It should be cracked? WTF are you hitting it with?

Who said it should be cracked?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post

This guy.

I crash my 20" Zildjian A custom ride all the time, have for 2 decades now. It should be cracked? WTF are you hitting it with?

Do not fear, I am not coming to crack your Zildjian. The one I had that cracked shortly after I bought it was from their ZBT line, which they probably make from empty Dr. Pepper cans. You get what you pay for. No big deal.

I saw a set of A Custom hats crack in the middle of the top hat. Not near the edge, not near the center hole. Just a crack floating right in the middle. Stipid Zildjians. I'll buy damn near any cymbal but a Zildjian. The only Zildjians I ever liked, they quit making.

Back