Do you like to crash ride?

I saw a set of A Custom hats crack in the middle of the top hat. Not near the edge, not near the center hole. Just a crack floating right in the middle. Stipid Zildjians. I'll buy damn near any cymbal but a Zildjian. The only Zildjians I ever liked, they quit making.

...but I bet they give you a free t-shirt when you buy them!

Zildjian/Sabian are shell companies owned by ISIS. Fucking terrorists.

Go with peace, go with Paiste. The Swiss don't cut people's heads off for eating pizza.

You just made me hungry for pizza.

I still think I will eventually click the mouse one day and a $300+ 20" RUDE is going to show up at my house.

I like the Swiss. They don't fuck with anyone. That might have something to do with their diverse list of banking clients, though.

I like the Swiss. They don't fuck with anyone. That might have something to do with their diverse list of banking clients, though.

And they have nice maids.
55594685.jpg

I switched from paiste to zildjian last year, and this was after over 20 years of playing paiste's . I just grew sick of paying top dollar for them , dark energys, signatures, and twenty series and most of all trying to find them at a place I could hear them first hand. Pretty much guitar center just has 2002's which Ive played also and still have . I will say that no one makes B8 sound better then paiste , but I mean you can buy good used zildjians cymbals all day long for around 100 bucks so I could care less if they crack. Having said that none of the zildjians I bought last spring have cracked yet .

Yeah, you can buy used zildjians all day long for cheap because people are always eager to get rid of them. :D

I love Zildjian. They sound like what a cymbal should sound like. To me, Sabians (AAX and HHX) are just Zildjians with a different stamp, except for all the goofy sound effect shit. Paiste...hmm, the "klonk" of a cracked school bell mixed with a blast of broken glass. Some of the older series have their place but the newer stuff...yuck. I have a full set of A's from the early 90's that I have played daily and a set of K's from the 60's that sound magnificent. If you are breaking Zildjians, maybe you hit your cymbals like a neanderthal twat.

I love Zildjian. They sound like what a cymbal should sound like. To me, Sabians (AAX and HHX) are just Zildjians with a different stamp, except for all the goofy sound effect shit. Paiste...hmm, the "klonk" of a cracked school bell mixed with a blast of broken glass. Some of the older series have their place but the newer stuff...yuck. I have a full set of A's from the early 90's that I have played daily and a set of K's from the 60's that sound magnificent. If you are breaking Zildjians, maybe you hit your cymbals like a neanderthal twat.

Give me a break !

Lol. You are drum dumb.

Why is he "drum dumb"? Because of his opinion? I must be too. I have a set of A. Zildjains from the early 90's, with a couple of A Custom splashes. I don't bash the shit out of them, but I do hit rather hard when needed..They only get better. I've had some Paistes (early 80's 2002's) and they sucked. They sounded like mini gongs and cracked quickly ( I was a basher back then). This is a Mac vs. PC debate. If you like it, use it. Should I call you stupid because you don't use the same cymbals I do ?

Why is he "drum dumb"? Because of his opinion? I must be too. I have a set of A. Zildjains from the early 90's, with a couple of A Custom splashes. I don't bash the shit out of them, but I do hit rather hard when needed..They only get better. I've had some Paistes (early 80's 2002's) and they sucked. They sounded like mini gongs and cracked quickly ( I was a basher back then). This is a Mac vs. PC debate. If you like it, use it. Should I call you stupid because you don't use the same cymbals I do ?

You could, I wouldn't care though because I'd consider the source..

It's not about what cymbals you use. I couldn't care less. You can use and love ZBTs and B8s for all I care. But if you think 2002s sound bad, you're drum dumb.

This is interesting. I always thought brand loyalty was for drummers who are sponsored. Out of the big cymbal brands - they all make cymbals I like and some that I don't like. I also like having variety - would never get a cymbal pack - WTF is the point of having two crashes that sound the same?!? On my set right now I have an 18 inch Sabian AAX crash, a 17 Paiste sig crash, a zildjian K ride and AAX hihats. I go online and listen then I go to guitar center. I've seen two cymbals of the same make and model sound fairly different from each other. That's why when it comes to cymbals I like to test the exact one I'm going to buy.

It's also important to look at weight IMO. If you have a heavy crash, sometimes it can make your thin crash sound weak on the recording. All my crashes are medium (also have an A custom 16 and an avedis 16 on my alternate set - both fine cymbals IMO. They're also over 10 years old without any cracks or anything).

Back when I was a punk rocker I used to break cymbals. Maybe I've mellowed out but that's just not an issue for me anymore.

I love the smell of Gregoise le Bloodshit pontificating. Smells like...insecurity. You see boys and girls, Greg L loves only himself and if you disagree with him, you are dumb or inept or some other negative attribute. Even if you were to be exactly like him in every way he will still hate you because you are not he and he is the only one who is worthy.

I like Zildjian, I don't like the cymbals that Greggie uses and that is what makes me dumb, you see. That and not being Greggie.

I love the smell of Gregoise le Bloodshit pontificating. Smells like...insecurity. You see boys and girls, Greg L loves only himself and if you disagree with him, you are dumb or inept or some other negative attribute. Even if you were to be exactly like him in every way he will still hate you because you are not he and he is the only one who is worthy.
This is true, except for the insecurity part. I'm not insecure. I'm just confident and have my own beliefs. Someone always gets butthurt when I voice my own opinions. Maybe you're jealous or something? Why would you care what I say? Maybe you're the one that's insecure if some guy that you don't know can upset you like this. All I did was talk shit about Zildjians and call you dumb for saying dumb things. It's not that big a deal.

I like Zildjian, I don't like the cymbals that Greggie uses and that is what makes me dumb, you see. That and not being Greggie.

Lol. It has nothing to do with what I use, or what you use. My comment has everything to do with you having bad ears and poor judgement.

What you said was that I was dumb for having an opinion that differs from yours. I'm not butthurt, I'm simply returning an insult to a narcissist that is prone to douchebaggery and fuckery of almost incomprehensible dimension. I do so like our online squabbles, Greggie. I do hope someday to see a piece of information from you that I didn't already know. I read SOS magazine too.

What you said was that I was dumb for having an opinion that differs from yours. I'm not butthurt, I'm simply returning an insult to a narcissist that is prone to douchebaggery and fuckery of almost incomprehensible dimension. I do so like our online squabbles, Greggie. I do hope someday to see a piece of information from you that I didn't already know. I read SOS magazine too.

Cool, I don't read it at all. Never have. I guess that's just one more area in which I'm ahead of you. I do it, you just read about it.

I didn't say you were dumb for differing from me, I said you are dumb because you think 2002s sound bad.

Last edited:

Hmmm. Well, I still like him.

Back