Advice please

SmokyBarnable

I need some advice for getting decent drums on my songs. It's holding me back so I know I need to get this sorted. I'm using sonar X1 and abbey road 60's drums. I have the older version of 60's drums that doesn't have the groove library but I really like the samples. I figured out how to get the kit routed to Sonar via multiple channels via Kontakt but still when I launch the step sequencer I hear no sound. I feel I'm pretty close but starting to wonder if there is an easier way. If I buy EZdrummer can I use my abbey road samples? I would like to build my drum patterns from scratch using the step sequencer or perhaps convert an existing midi pattern to the step sequencer and tweak it. I don't like session drummer 3 too much because I can't seem to use my abbey road samples with it and don't care for the samples that came with it. So far I've only been able to tap out my drums on the midi keyboard but of course it is time consuming and my timing isn't perfect. Thanks for any advice...just need something simple and flexible with good samples.

Can't help you with Sonar. Gave up on the Cakewalk genre about 12 years ago. Reason has Dr Octo Rex and a Drum sequencer both built in to the rack. If I have to write a groove to play along with, that's what I use. They'll take any sample you have from wav to sf2 to mp3 to ??? haven't found anything that doesn't work.

Back