Yo so I started learning drums a few weeks ago...

FoulPhil

Yeah so I'm trying to get drums down so I don't have to use those premade midi drums like ez drummer etc. It was always annoying trying to get my music to fit the midi grooves or what ever. So, I decided to learn to play. I'm basically making up stuff that fits what I'm working on. Is there any free resources that could help improve my playing faster or do I just gotta do it the old fashioned way and put the work in. The hardest thing about it is getting tired and then I struggle to play after a while. So, I've only been playing like 30 minutes a day. but I guess I'm getting more exercise :p

Flatulated 4 by FLATULATED / AGONOUS | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Just practice, practice, practice. You need to get used to the feedback from your set - physical as well as mental. This piece you have here.. you started a little stiff (like sequenced), then loosened up a bit - actually got a groove going. Not too bad.

My dad wouldn't let me touch his drums until I had spent at least a year on practice pads learning technique (I was 5 at the time).

Just practice, practice, practice. You need to get used to the feedback from your set - physical as well as mental. This piece you have here.. you started a little stiff (like sequenced), then loosened up a bit - actually got a groove going. Not too bad.

My dad wouldn't let me touch his drums until I had spent at least a year on practice pads learning technique (I was 5 at the time).

is there a book or anything that shows you techniques? I'm not really sure if there's something I'm supposed to be learning or if just making stuff up as I go is better.

Back