Sampling or mapping...??

AJ_Cantos

I usually emply Fruity Loops in order to get my drum lines, but recently someone told me that I was never going to achieve profesional sound with this program, because it works with samples, and you can change sound velocity but it will be always the same sample. He told me that exist some kind of drum machines that work with mapped sound, which have a different sound for each velocity... and are much better...

Is this true??
Do you really hear the difference??
Can I use one of these with cool edit??

and what is mtimportant,
could you tell me the name of this software??

Thanx people!

Yes, it's true.

Yes, you can hear the difference

No, you can't use it with CEP, because it only records audio, and does no sequencing or arranging of its own (though it will play midi files).

Mapping is simply designating which sample will respond to midi commands, and doesn't have much to do with velocity control.

It's not necessarily software that achieves your goal, but you can do it with software. Any softsampler with multisampled drum libraries will do it.
I'd recommend downloading some free soundfonts to get started before you invest in an expensive softsampler and soundlibrary.

FruityLoops can accomplish this if you use it as a VST/DXi host for a soft sampler, or as a sequencer for soundfonts.

-Chris

Back