Roland Bass Drum recording

Fuzzy Melon

Hello..first post, lotsa questions.
Ok, so I have the TD-20 head with separate direct outs. I'm running it into a mackie board, then to a MOTU, then to the PC.
I set the bass drum direct out to the Mackie, then record it using Cool edit Pro.
What I get on playback isn't what I set up. Any thoughts?
Also, I seem to vibrate speakers vie bad tones on the bass drum recording. What tricks you have i.e. what frequencies are bouncing the speakers even at a low level, what effects, etc?
One more...where would I find more bass drum samples that I could load via flash?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Bump

Fuzzy Melon said:
Hello..first post, lotsa questions.
Ok, so I have the TD-20 head with separate direct outs. I'm running it into a mackie board, then to a MOTU, then to the PC.
I set the bass drum direct out to the Mackie, then record it using Cool edit Pro.
What I get on playback isn't what I set up. Any thoughts?
Also, I seem to vibrate speakers vie bad tones on the bass drum recording. What tricks you have i.e. what frequencies are bouncing the speakers even at a low level, what effects, etc?
One more...where would I find more bass drum samples that I could load via flash?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Still looking for help. I've kind of isolated and dropped the 300hz band and it's helping, but I am not happy with any of the kick samples they have on the TD-20 thru the direct out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Back