Put up some pics of your kit

nice set up...is the ride not too loud but with nice ping?
i have paiste 3000 and love it but is too loud....always fancied some k's!

One more quick pic because I added a splash:

DSCN2494_zps47d81083.jpg

My DW kit with custom A's and K's and roland pads and My E kit modified

Attachments

• kit1.jpg
    kit1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
  • kit2.jpg
    kit2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 126
Another pic because 3 more cymbals have been added. I am done with cymbals for a long long while now. Especially considering I have too many lol. Picked up the EFX off ebay for a reasonable price but the 10" and 8" splash I got for a steal at $125 for both. Time to stay off the internet places that sell things that I dont need.

DSCN6191_zps92a2fc3d.jpg

DSCN6182_zps2917c5dc.jpg

DSCN6188_zpse1616e13.jpg

Here are my babies:

69 Ludwigs, 3 ply, clear maple interiors 20,13,16
15703752602_7e85dcc422_b.jpg

My Gretsch Kit 24,13,16
16274787102_41a0323e26_b.jpg

Snare collection (partial)
16088246580_9638d77f10_b.jpg

Cymbal collection (partial)
15655728473_d2a8e03ded_b.jpg

Just realized I've actually got a kit now...a fuckin' e-kit....lol...I don't feel like the Lone Ranger after seeing the Roland kit, but here's my new Yamaha DTX400 e-kit I use to trigger drum samplers in my recordings...:D.While I've got a long, long way to go playing drums, I do have to say these are a lot of fun, & they're a hell of a lot faster than hand-programming the drums to my songs...

Gee. I wonder why? You should share some pics of them in their new home!

You asked for it...

I think I need to contact the seller though. They make my entire kit just sound like "thwack thwack thwack". Even the cymbals!

My incredible prowess in mic placement somehow created some lens flare, so sorry about that.

WP_20150201_00_06_39_Pro (Medium).jpg

notice that I actually went through the trouble to put an SM57 on the snare. Anything for a gag :D Now to put all of my mic clips back where they belong...

Just realized I've actually got a kit now...a fuckin' e-kit....lol...I don't feel like the Lone Ranger after seeing the Roland kit, but here's my new Yamaha DTX400 e-kit I use to trigger drum samplers in my recordings...:D.While I've got a long, long way to go playing drums, I do have to say these are a lot of fun, & they're a hell of a lot faster than hand-programming the drums to my songs...

I'm in the same boat, I love mine for hammering out sampled drum lines. I still have to use liberal amounts of quantization because I suck, but I have such a blast in the process that I actually look forward to laying down drum tracks now.

Yeah dude, I know the feeling about having to fix my screw ups, but still, it's a hell of a lot faster than programming my drums by hand, & it's a lot of fun for me to whack out the beats on these things....

Here's my first recording with 'em, be gentle, I'm not a drummer....The only thing that are actually me (for now, I'm in the process of recording all the tracks for this, did some rhythm guitar tracks for it today with the Chupacabra....:)) are the drums...The other tracks are Rock Band multi-tracks I can open in Reaper to really be able to hear what some bands' tracks actually sound like solo'd....

Simple Man cover

Nice looking setup/room btw dude...

I can't remember if I posted this thing. My friends tour kit. Yamaha absolute birch custom, A and K custom cymbals (and some of those oriental trash series chinas). Snares are yamaha copper series 6.5X14 and side snare is yamaha steel shell.

Pretty easy to see who his endorsements are. lol

278orHx.jpg

aGXC3u3.jpg

Attachments

• aGXC3u3.jpg
    aGXC3u3.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 277
Nice Loren, I'm glad you bumped my cheap-ass e-kit post off too....lol...

I will say I read this entire thread last night & was thinking about what some of you real drummers were saying about the way you set your kits up for yourselves, so I did the same with my e-kit (as much as possible anyway...), lowering the toms, & putting the pads where it's easier/best for me...

I do wish there was more adjustment/ability to move the pads around more, but even the little I adjusted the pads seemed to help...

There are some very, very nice kits here...

1980's Tama Superstars. I have 3 identical kits. This foto is of my home practice kit. (2)16x22 bass.... 12x15 , 12x16 , 14x18 , 16x20 toms..... Ludwig Spura 402 COB snare. All stands are 80's and early 90's Tama Titan. Pearl P120P bass pedals. All cymbals are Paiste 2002 except for the (2)12" Wuhan Chinas. Cymbals sizes > 15" heavy hats , (2)18" power crashes , (2)20" rides used as crashes , (2)20" chinas , 24" ride. I have ben playing rock n roll drums since 1970.

Attachments

• tama 10.jpg
    tama 10.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 265
  • cymbals.jpg
    cymbals.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 260
Back