Put up some pics of your kit

Greg_L

Banned
There's too much programming/drum sample talk in here. Put up some pics of your real drums if you have some. :drunk:

Here's mine:
Mapex Pro-M - Paiste 2002s and a RUDE.
Ludwig Supraphonic 14x6.5 snare.

20120731_101614.jpg

20120731_101929.jpg

Animal chillin on the Supra.
20120731_102246.jpg

Gretsch Blackhawk with 2 Paistes, a 24" Sabian HH, and Ludwig Acrolite 5x14
Lately I've been trying to get it to sound more like a software modeller :)

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

That last one is Mister Snuggles. He is a good boy.
Here he is thinking about heavy shit:

P7010393.jpg

There's too much programming/drum sample talk in here.]

Agreed. I've been scrolling past this forum every time I see a drum programming thread at the top.

Here are my 2 kits. The black one is what my students use. The red one is mine.

3.jpg

TEMPUS fibreglass drums:

DSCF00042.jpg

ADAM and STEVE:

DSCF0001.jpg

Well, I don't have a kit right now, but this was my most recent one. I sold it a few months ago.

Ludwig Element 6-piece; Tama Iron Cobras. The cymbals in these pics were borrowed, so they weren't mine. I can't remember what they were anyway.

1276443328492.jpg

1276443329393.jpg

2010-06-06092125.jpg

Mic'd. This was from one of my old bands. We were in the midst of recording a second album, but stuff happens and we just fell apart. The album never got finished.

Homebrew...

Keller Maple shells, painted and built myself. Adonis lugs, Worldmax hoops, T-rods, and suspension mounts.

Driver side...
bongeyeview.jpg

Flipped around...
DrumArt.jpg

One of my kids I built...
KimiRawks1.jpg

drums.JPG
Here's one of 3 sets I have.

Pearl Birch shells and a no name steel snare
Paiste cymbals- twenty series . dark energy, and 2002

Here's one of two studio kits I use here. These are the Pearls. I'm not that crazy about these but they're OK.

Attachments

• Pearls.jpg
    Pearls.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 293
Peace, Rat. :cool:

Some really cool looking set ups so far. I'm digging this thread.

I still play kit on some gigs, but for the last few decades I have become known as a hand drummer and I play for belly dancers. I include pictures of both of my types of drums.

The drum kits are custom kits with mostly Tama hardware. I play an 20" kick and I have a number of snares, but on my club kit it's usually a Yamaha custom birch with wood hoops (great for cross stick). I have a ton of cymbals and switch them around a lot. Most of my cymbals are Zildjian Custom "A" but I do have a few K's and I prefer the Wuhan China crashes to the more expensive types made by the bigger cymbal manufacturers because the Wuhans have this specific trashier metal sound.

The Mother of pearl derbakkis (doumbek/darbukas) were made for me in Egypt by either Khemis Henkish, Hassan or Gwaharet El Fan. I have them all fitted with Remo SkynDeep heads. These aren't your standard "doumbeks". They are very high quality and much heavier than your standard readily available mass marketed "doumbeks" ( and they are very expensive).

Here's one of my kits from about 7 or eight years ago:
imgJeffSelfPortrait164-1.jpg

Here's my 5 piece club kit:
Mykit.jpg

These are some of my drums that I play now most of the time:
100_1091.jpg

Here's a selection of some of my hand drums:
OurDrums1-1.jpg

That's one of the coolest looking kits I've ever seen. The hand drums are extremly cool too.

Couldnt really find a good pic of this kit. This is a Pearl ECX maple kit. Its probably the cheapest but best sounding kit Ive ever bought. Currently I have it stripped down and am putting a polyurethane coating on the inside of the shells. The good people at pearl told me that this was the only real difference between a "master series" maple shell and a export maple shell, except for the hardware and more time spent on the finish.
Im pretty much finished but debating if i wanna put some new covering's on em?

61727_155165001175555_2024225_n[1].jpg

Back