New Toontrack expansions

andrushkiwt

Alt-Rock EZX | Toontrack

Haven't listened to the samples yet, but this sounds promising. Need to check it out later. I also saw two other new expansions...Dream Pop and Big Drums.

Will an EZX work with Superior? What's the difference as far as the expansions?

EZX will work in SD, but with limitations. Like maybe you can't move a mic or stuff like that. Haven't used SD in quite a while, so don't remember all the features.

The EZX sounds are already processed, so you don't want to add more processing unless that's your intention.

EZX will work in SD, but with limitations. Like maybe you can't move a mic or stuff like that. Haven't used SD in quite a while, so don't remember all the features.

The EZX sounds are already processed, so you don't want to add more processing unless that's your intention.

Actually running EZX expansions in superior gives you the superior experience. You can apply plugins for example and add x drums as well. You can also utitlise the bounce function that doesn't exist in ez drummer. In terms of sound you still get 16 bit audio (that's just what EZX libraries come as vs the 24 bit audio superior libraries come as) but all the routing etc... is there.

The only difference IMO is the whole midi song writing tools that you get in ez drummer 2 are not there in superior 2. Hopefully if/when superior 3 comes out we will get that as well.

The only difference IMO is the whole midi song writing tools that you get in ez drummer 2 are not there in superior 2. Hopefully if/when superior 3 comes out we will get that as well.

Which midi writing functions, specifically? I write out all my drums in the DAW's MIDI editor, usually by highly editing grooves, though frequently just by hand from start. I certainly wouldn't pick this up, then, if I don't have access those functions or if they're limited.

Oh...I hope not....I really hope not.
What's the point of making SD a clone of EZD2?

Anyone that needs to work the way EZD2 works...isn't going to appreciate the capability of SD anyway...
...and everyone that appreciates the way SD works, has no use for EZD2 songwriting features.
If they add that, it will only muck up SD.

What they really need to do with SD is expand on it's editing features and improve some of the ones that currently are a bit crude in implementation. Turning it into EZD2 Plus...will turn off most people that currently use SD...IMO.

What they really need to do with SD is expand on it's editing features and improve some of the ones that currently are a bit crude in implementation. Turning it into EZD2 Plus...will turn off most people that currently use SD...IMO.

Miro, can I write MIDI the same with EZD as I can now with SD?

Back