Need help identifying drum set

Bonnie Swanson

Here is a pic (kinda dark sorry) of the set...I believe it is a maple yamaha set from the late 70''s but I can't find any information on it to determine the make...

Attachments

• 14736659596551719323385.jpg
    14736659596551719323385.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
I don't think it's 70s. Those bass drum spurs are pretty beefy. I'd guess it's maybe 80s, but it doesn't have one-piece lugs so I don't think it's a 9000 series. But fuck, I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

From what a quick search tells me, Yamaha model numbers and serial numbers are on the badge. But none of the badges are turned towards the camera in that picture. And I think it'd be too small/blurry to tell anyways. But like BH implied above, a serial number will be a sure-fire way to figure out the year of manufacture. And the model number will tell you what kind of Yamaha drums they are.

If they're made in 1980 or later, this guide will tell you: When Were My Yamaha Drums Made? - Acoustic Drum Sets - Drums - Musical Instruments

If they're made before then, that page suggests contacting Yamaha Customer Support for info. Good luck!

Looks like an 80s yamaha rockstar or superstar kit. If the badges are missing it's probably because someone removed the wrap (in which case it was probably a rockstar kit) in order to strip/remove all of the glue.

Looks like an 80s yamaha rockstar or superstar kit. If the badges are missing it's probably because someone removed the wrap (in which case it was probably a rockstar kit) in order to strip/remove all of the glue.

Rockstar and Superstar kits are made by Tama.

Back