Thread: Need E-Drums advice regarding using a touchpad + pedals

Thanks

Need E-Drums advice regarding using a touchpad + pedals

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys,

I've been wanting to get an electronic drumset, problem is all the extra sensitive sets are extra pricey and really large.
    I got an Akai MPD218 which I found to be very sensitive and just what I needed.
    problem is its just too hard using fingers for all drum parts, I thought about getting pedals I could use for bass drum and hi hat control but I'm not familiar with any stand alone pedals as such.

Do you know or have any suggestions on hooking up two pedals along with the touch pad?

Thanks
    yeah playing drums with little rubber pads and the finger tips is better than nothing, but thats not saying much.

not having done it myself, would recommend giving up and succumbing to Midi+Software EZ Superior Drums.
    thats what works and sounds great. everyone is doing it because it works and sounds great and is cheaper and ezier than drum rooms and learning how to become a very proficient drummer.

rubber pads with fingers, been there done that and it sucks and in listening to my crap back through the years those drums always sound like crap and will be the weakest link in the recording, especially if its off beat etc...

probably a simple click track might sound better?

now if your doing like a simple rap drum loop, a finger pad might be ok, just the same loop over and over looping like a modified drum beat machine it could work, but Fruity Loops probably kicks its ass too....

so really I cant think of one really good reason to do finger-rubber-drums.

learning how to play real drums (electric or skins) sounds like the longest term fun. Id say save and go get you a nice electronic drumset and not spend more on the rubber-finger drum thing.,

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-HG

Thanks
    Would the Roland SP::ONE single pads work for you? Might be worth taking a look at them.

Thanks
    I have no idea about stand alone pedals and I could not find any info on them either. But for $179.00 you may want to consider this depending on what type of music you want to produce. These may sound better or worse than what was recommended to you above.

canvas-png

Picnic = Problem In Chair Not In Computer Free Podcasting ACX Course ~ Sound Treatment

Thread Information