my Fruity Loops sound check - input?

Mountainmirrors

kaleidoscopic renegade
Greetings-
I just uploaded a kit with Fruity Loops and slapped together a little beat. I'd like input on the kit sounds, panning and individual drum volumes. It's a sucky beat, I'm used to my Dr. Rhythm but how'll this kit do?
Thanks!

I think it sounds ok...but the toms seem to roll heavy to the right side....which could be natural in its own way. cymbals maybe a tad loud, but they're playing a lot in this clip too.

you're right, it is a sucky beat. very quantized sounding.

I would need a little more time to do a kickass beat. Just getting ready with a decent sound. I only put together a beat like that to use every drum sound. Thanks for the input. I'll work on those things.
The drums I'm used to (Dr. Rhythm) are at http://www.ampcast.com/mountain_mirrors . Not quite as sucky:-)
BTW - That's one thing about FL which stumps me. How to not get such a quantized sound. A suggestion?

Last edited:
sorry, never used fruity loops. although it is a program I have considered checking out because of the excellent results I have heard with it, but I just have never really had a need for it actually. I am sure you could get many responses with a thread with your question in the title... maybe...

Back