in the market

rightbrainnow

Im not a drummer, but im in the market for some drums. My brother sold his...so I have to find some other drums to replace his. I didnt particularly like the way they sounded anyways. I dont want the "big rock n' roll" sound..just wondering if anyone had some suggestions that dont go along with "well these drums sound good...". I just want some suggestions on drums that lend some character. This wont make any sense at all, but I want drums that feel like the way an old country guitar feels in an open wooden room.

Well like I said the "feeling" wouldnt be sensible at all...so im not sure why youre pointing out the obvious of not having any "sense" as to what im asking. Like I said...im not a drummer, so not being educated on what kinds and types of drums exist, im using what i can to ask a question on what to get. I stated I dont want a big rock and roll sound...that should pretty much remove a lot of the drums out there...I said I wanted them to have character..and I also provived a vague analogy as how I want them to sound and feel....yes its vague, but surely you can understand it to some extent.

The drums don't matter so much as how they are tuned in my opinion. Get a cheap 10",12",14",14"snare, n 20-22"kick. Practice tuning it until you can do it well. Only then should you worry about the actual drums. I have a cheap kit tuned well which actually sounds better than my expensive kit, which i haven't touched since i got the cheap kit. :D

do you mean cheap as in the First Act series at Wal-Mart or cheap as in the 500 dollar drums im looking at...Gretsch catalina jazz club..i think thats what they are.

Back