Looking for a new snare.

Just post it. I'll listen to anything a regular posts, even if it's a whole album.
Not against the rules, either.
Your new thread will kill the old one anyhow.

I'm posting it here. If my other tune was half way down the page or something, that would be one thing. But it's right at the top with very recent comments.

For now, I'd rather just sort of hide it here and see if you guys will confirm what I think I hear. Like I said, maybe I'm just not used to a different sound after all these years, but this snare sounds weak and ringy to me. Am I wrong?

No link

I'm pretty sure I'm buying a Supraphonic no matter what. I just want to see if this Sonar snare is useable.

Last edited:
I like these Beatles covers of yours. I've really got to dig out the White album again.

Doesn't sound like it has a lot of body. Sounds like a rather bright transient without much afterwards.

I like these Beatles covers of yours. I've really got to dig out the White album again.

Doesn't sound like it has a lot of body. Sounds like a rather bright transient without much afterwards.
Exactly what I thought. But you know what, I'm going to re-track it with the same snare in about half an hour, when I finish my work out. I realized that the snare wires weren't secured well enough, and by the end of the song there was almost no snare wires happening. I also re-tuned it a bit. I'll give it one more shot, but I hear it the same way you do for now. Thanx man.

Yurrrp. Seems a little tight and not very meaty. It sounds very similar to your usual snare sound, which isn't bad, I just thought you wanted a change. Try tuning it lower and get more snare snap out of it.

Yurrrp. Seems a little tight and not very meaty. It sounds very similar to your usual snare sound, which isn't bad, I just thought you wanted a change. Try tuning it lower and get more snare snap out of it.

OK, I just re-tracked it. Same link above.

I think it's better now. I'm sure I can get more meat out of it if I tune it even lower, but I just did a quick adjustment. I did tune it down a bit lower, but I think I can lower it more. Like I said, it's not do or die here, because I will get a Ludwig probably later this week. But I want to try to make this a recordable snare, too.

Hey Rambo, quick question....do you add some sort of weird ID tag or something to your clips, because lately whenever I wanna listen to something you post it won't play for me. I have to load it into Reaper to hear it.

That's definitely got more body. Sounds rather appropriate for the song.

Is it just me or is the piano in the intro clipping?
I've been having problems with my ASIO4All drivers and I'm not sure about a lot of things like this lately.

Hey Rambo, quick question....do you add some sort of weird ID tag or something to your clips, because lately whenever I wanna listen to something you post it won't play for me. I have to load it into Reaper to hear it.
Weird. No, not at all. It's a direct link to my songs from my site. It should open a box that asks you if you want to download it or just play it. I used to drop a link to the page on my site, but that gets complicated because there's a site-wide music player on my site that starts as soon as you go there, so people were hearing the song that plays as soon as you go to my site and thinking that's the tune I was linking to, when it wasn't. So now, I just provide what should be a direct link to the tune.

I wonder if anyone else has that same problem. It might just be a browser or setting issue.

That's definitely got more body. Sounds rather appropriate for the song.

Is it just me or is the piano in the intro clipping?
I've been having problems with my ASIO4All drivers and I'm not sure about a lot of things like this lately.
I don't think it's clipping. There's an echo on it. I hate echo on piano, but it's in the original, so I did it too. I always though it sounded weird even though I always loved the tune besides that.

Yeah, I think the snare's getting there. I'm probably going to use this tune to keep tuning and re-recording the drums on this. I'm going to tune the snare down again tomorrow and re-track. I'm going to use this tune as an experimental tune for that snare since it's a short song and very easy to drum to.

Hmm, it tells me "Invalid media format" or something like that. It's been happening with your tunes for me for a long time. I just now decided to mention it. Lol. This is the explanation....

"You are trying to play an MP3 file that contains compressed ID3 headers. The ID3 header is a portion of the file that stores the song's album information (for example, the song name, artist name, album name, and genre). This information is sometimes called a "tag."
To fix the problem, make a copy of the file and then use a non-Microsoft ID3 tag editing program to remove or reset the file's ID3 headers. After you remove the ID3 headers, Windows Media Player should be able to play the MP3 file.

Attempting to remove ID3 headers might damage the file and make it unplayable. Therefore, always make a copy of the file before you edit it.

If this solution does not resolve the problem, the file might be corrupted."

Wow! That's weird.

When I upload a tune, it gives me a choice of "automatically generate tags" or "leave tags as they are", which I don't really understand.

check out the picture. I usually leave it as it is in the picture. Maybe I should choose the other choice.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 38
Well don't go rearranging things for little ol me. But it would be nice if I could just click your link and play it like every other MP3 in the universe. :(

Also, I'm on a 10 year old dinosaur computer, so maybe that has something to do with it. But everything else works fine.

Hehe....I want it to be simple for everyone. I'll try choosing the other choice next time, just to see.

Lol. Rami, my man, don't let these sims and samples plebeians influence you in any way.
I guess I fall into half of that category dude....:D Care to share your Superior Drummer preset with me???:laughings:I agree with the Gerg though dude, you've got this shit figured out pretty good man....Just kidding with you guys....:)

BTW Rami, every tune of yours I've listened to the last little while, I've had to download it to listen...no biggie, but when I click on my (or Greg's) link here, it just opens Windows Media Player in a new window...Dunno if that's how you want it, just sayin'....

Tune sounds good man...I thought I heard clipping on the piano at the very beginning too not sure though dude...Sounds good though man!!!

BTW Rami, every tune of yours I've listened to the last little while, I've had to download it to listen...no biggie, but when I click on my (or Greg's) link here, it just opens Windows Media Player in a new window...Dunno if that's how you want it, just sayin'....
OK thanx. No, I don't want that. I want it to just open and play. Can you do me a favor, I just changed the tag option thing. I just want to see if it makes any difference. Can you click on the link below and see what it does? Thanx a lot.

SEXY SADIE (Beatles cover)

Tune sounds good man...I thought I heard clipping on the piano at the very beginning too not sure though dude...Sounds good though man!!!
Thanx, I'll check it out. I know less about keyboards than anything else, so there's a good chance it's clipping, sounding like shit, and a bunch of other bad things for all I know.

Just checked the link in your last post....same thing man...I'll have another listen to the piano part again too, might be something on my end....

Just checked the link in your last post....same thing man...

Oh well, it was worth a shot. Not sure why it does that for some people. I hate making people download my tunes just to listen to them. Oh well, it be what it be.

Just for the hell of it, since we're discussing snare sounds, listen to this. Nothing special. Probably 1,000 tunes with this snare sound. But it's perfect for 99% of rock songs. It shouldn't be hard, but I want to have this snare sound in my arsenal. Just a straight ahead, punchy, low-tuned snare.

There's a drum and bass break at 3 minutes in where you can hear the awesomeness of that rock snare. I know I can get that sound with the Sonar snare I have. I just got to not be impatient and sit down and tune it until I get it right.

https://youtu.be/9onbJfiLCV0

Back