Let's see your kits

BlackHawk2029

I'd like to see everyone's setup, and i'll post mine in a few days once i can get some decent pics of it. I'm always looking at other people's stuff and trying out things i see :cool:. Maybe we'll all end up giving each other a few ideas.

List specs too.

Here's my 5-piece TEMPEST kit. It's actually a 6-piece kit, you can see one tom sitting on the floor. I have no need for it. I got rid of the 14" tom, so now it's a weird kit, with a 10", 12" toms, and an 18" floor tom. The only thing I'm not crazy about now is the 18" floor. It doesn't record as well as a 16" would, I don't think. Cymbals are Sabian, with 14" hats, 14" and 18" crash, and a 22" dry Ride.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized that in the picture, I'm not using the 10" tom. Since then, I've gotten rid of the 14", moved the 12" over and put up the 10".

The shells are fibre-glass. I've had it for about 20 years. It's been in and out of every club in Canada and some States. It's like a Timex, it keeps on ticking. :D

You can see a much bigger version of the picture at www.ramirami.com/pix Just scroll down a little and click on the picture.:)

Attachments

• 420729-thumb.jpg
    420729-thumb.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
also, 10" 14" and 18" toms might give you more even intervals, given the even size difference between each drum. same with 10" 12" and 14", which i think is the point behind fusion sizes isn't it?

also, 10" 14" and 18" toms might give you more even intervals, given the even size difference between each drum. same with 10" 12" and 14", which i think is the point behind fusion sizes isn't it?

That's not a bad idea. Though, I do like the sound of the 10" and 12" together. It's the 18" that's too low. Sounds great live, but just gets a little lost when recorded. Not terrible, but not ideal. I think the 14" as a floor tom wouldn' work, though. Even though my drums are deep (the 10" is 12" deep, etc...) even on a jazz kit, the 14" floor is deeper than my tom.

A lot of you have probably already seen my kit in other threads, but maybe not in this forum, so here's another pic:

rabbit%20drums.jpg

Custom DMR kit with Keller Maple shells:
18x22 Kick
6x14 Snare
Toms = 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and a 6 x 14 octabon

Pearl Steve Ferrone Signature 6 x 14 snare
DW 5000 Double Kick and Hi Hat
Sabian Cymbals throughout (AA through HHX)

:)

That's not a bad idea. Though, I do like the sound of the 10" and 12" together. It's the 18" that's too low. Sounds great live, but just gets a little lost when recorded. Not terrible, but not ideal. I think the 14" as a floor tom wouldn' work, though. Even though my drums are deep (the 10" is 12" deep, etc...) even on a jazz kit, the 14" floor is deeper than my tom.

I had an old Premier kit with 16 and 18 inch floor toms... The 18 pretty much stayed in the case...

When playing small jazz rooms with my DMR's, I use a 10 rack tom and a 14 floor... Sometimes I'll throw in an 8 as another rack tom and a 12 to sit alongside the 14...

If we ever worked up 'The A Train' I would probably consider using the 16 as my lowest floor tho...

;)

A lot of you have probably already seen my kit in other threads, but maybe not in this forum, so here's another pic:

rabbit%20drums.jpg

Custom DMR kit with Keller Maple shells:
18x22 Kick
6x14 Snare
Toms = 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and a 6 x 14 octabon

Pearl Steve Ferrone Signature 6 x 14 snare
DW 5000 Double Kick and Hi Hat
Sabian Cymbals throughout (AA through HHX)

:)
That is absolutely beautiful!!! Man, even the finish is something I'd love on my kit.

Jeeze. You all got some nice stuff! That DMR kit looks stunning!

l_24d4de4b79c43f370cc8645e6c0e6e69.jpg

Here's mine, I've since added another splash and an 8" tom, and cleaned the up the setup a bit.. The little concert tom in that pic is going on a pedal mount to be placed on the left side of the hihat pedal.

and YES i realize the kick as angled, i didn't tighten the leg enough and it fell.

Specs

22x18 kick

16x14
14x12
12x9
10x8
8x7 (not pictured)

12x4 steel snare
14x5.5 birch snare
14.5.5 steel snare

Jeeze. You all got some nice stuff! That DMR kit looks stunning!

l_24d4de4b79c43f370cc8645e6c0e6e69.jpg

Here's mine, I've since added another splash and an 8" tom, and cleaned the up the setup a bit.. The little concert tom in that pic is going on a pedal mount to be placed on the left side of the hihat pedal.

and YES i realize the kick as angled, i didn't tighten the leg enough and it fell.

Specs

22x18 kick

16x14
14x12
12x9
10x8
8x7 (not pictured)

12x4 steel snare
14x5.5 birch snare
14.5.5 steel snare
Very nice. I could never play a kit like that. I've tried. There's so much I wouldn't be able to do if I had to replace what I do on my second tom with the floor tom instead. But I've always liked the look of a 5-piece kit like that.

haha it's a 6 piece, both rack toms are just off to the left a little. i'm trying to decide if i wanna move 'em back over and use the 8" to the left of them, or use it to the right as an accent.

haha it's a 6 piece, both rack toms are just off to the left a little. i'm trying to decide if i wanna move 'em back over and use the 8" to the left of them, or use it to the right as an accent.

Oh Yeah! I missed that. Cool. Well, in that case. I'd use the second floor to put my drink, pot and rolling papers on. :D

Back