Keyboard drums?

arosemond

Any records use those keyboard drum sounds like on a yamaha psr e253? Cos thats all i have for drums right now and i want to see how people used them in their compositions if at all

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess that you aren't going to find anyone who does this.

Not to say it can't work, I just doubt it's a common practice.

If I owned such a keyboard, I guarantee I would have used them by now.

However, I would have mixed them with a variety of other samples and wouldn't be using them as my primary drums.

That being said, before I had EZ-drummer and when I didn't have a real drummer, I sequenced live drum samples by hand as my primary drums.

In the olden days I used Korg M1 onboard sequencer to painstakingly create and print to tape my own loops. I got pretty good sound, the tape helped glue it. But its a royal pain to do these days. There are lots of free samples out there that are probably better to use these days

If anyone needs drum tracks done for a project that they care about too much to use canned drums on, I have a pretty good set-up for recording and am a drummer of many years and not too bad a player. Maybe I could be of assistance. Check out drewsdrumtracks.com and drop me a line if this sounds handy. I am playing a 1961 Ludwig kit and recording through daisy-chained MOTU 8 Pres, mostly with condensor mics -- pretty sweet sounding.

Back