help with Alesis SR-16 drum machine!

floppsybunny

hi, i recently purchased this SR-16 and am having a problem with volume. the demo song plays at a good volume but any of the pads put out only about half volume - likewise with any programmed patterns or sounds i use (user or preset). i have to turn the volume knob to full and even then it's not a strong enough signal through either the main stereo outs or through headphones via the headphone out. (yes, the pads themselves are all routed to the main stereo outs and the pad volumes are all set at maximum). any ideas? did i miss something stupid?

thanks,

floppsybunny.

Drum machine volume...

There should be a series of buttons on the right hand side of the machine, next to the slider. They should be marked midi/util, tempo, I think. If you push the midi/util button, a list of programs will come up on your screen, I believe it should be 1-15. This is where you will find a pad dynamic screen, you can then change the dynamics of the pads from a fixed volume low, medium or high, to specific volumes 1-8, I think 8 is the highest. That should do the trick.

Also try turning each pad up individually by hitting the mix button and turning the volume up to 99 (the highest).

Good Luck.

Back