Free STEVEN SLATE DRUMS Snare Sample!!

YellowMatter

Steven Slate Drums are used by some of the top dogs in the mixing industry. For the next five days you can download a new snare sample, SNARE 19, for FREE. Snare19 is a VERY TIGHT, VERY CRACKY, NOT TOO SNAREY snare sample set that is somewhat reminscent of the Deftones snare. Here it is paired with KICK13 (and their Z4 ambience samples) from the Elite Mixer package:

if you like what you hear, you can download the sample by going to
www.stevenslatedrums.com and scrolling down to find the word FREE.

Joel

Sound great! I haven't used it in a mix yet but I think it will complement my other samples very well (not: none-steven slate samples). The main reason I like it is because the crack really seems to hit the reverb in a beautiful way. I really like the bright sound on the decay of some snares but I don't really like the reverb it produces, so sending this one just to the verb would seem like a very good addition.

Guys, make sure you read the manual and check out how to use the Z4 sample. Basically that Z4 is the room sound of a very slick sounding big studio drum room, compressed with rare vintage comps and eq'd with pultecs! Bascially you combine the Z1 and Z4 via an aux track.

Kinda a strange question, but regarding the Steven Slate demo mp3's...who records them and are they actual bands songs or just something made up on the fly to compliment the drums in the demo?

I really dug the tones on the above mp3, that's all.

Also, Steven Slate Drums, holy shit, I love these things!

I actually mix all that stuff myself. The last demo:

was a band I produced and mixed a while back. We had about five guitar amps all playing at once (via a splitter) all doing different things: one chunky, one for mids, one for saturation, one for clean sheen, etc. Mic'd em all with 57s and 609s (now I use i5s).

That free snare is up for another day or so. Post mixes with the free sample on this forum and you'll be in a drawing to win a free ELITE MIXER EDITION sample disc.

Back