EzDrummer Questions..

Atom Bomb

Wtf is a PRS
This may or may not be the right forum for this. As they technically aren't real drums, but if a mod wants to scoot it to where it might belong then awesome.

I have been messing with this software and a korg nano pad, and as suspected i suck at trying to actually play drums with my fingers.

Not a big deal. I am actually better at it then a real set.

I have been playing around with it and i have inserted ezdrumme as a virtual instrument and recorded some snare and kick.

that was painless...

Here's where I'm stuck:

I thought i could treat it somewhat like any other instrument and go back and record hi hats and crashes toms etc, in different takes?

Yea its round about but whatever.

Is this possible? what am i missing.

I see that i can go back and manually add different pieces into the piano roll? but, i don't know? That is like what i was doing in fruity loops which used to drive me nuts.

Anyone got suggestions.

I guess i could just bite of smaller chunks and copy and paste stuff together?

I am new to this type of programming and MIDI in general.

Help.

Go easy, and explain it as if you were explaining it to a 3 year old. . . with poor drum skills.

werd.

Can you record the hi hats, snare, etc to their own midi track? Then output all those tracks to ezd. Seems like th ehard way to do it. Have you tried teh canned grooves?? Drag them in, then edit to taste.

I seem to remember finding a macro somewhere that took a midi drum track and split the individual drums onto separate tracks. It's been a while.

In doing a google search I found this: http://www.davidputman.com/?software=midisplit.htm

I have never used, down loaded, nor do I know the guy who wrote this so proceed at your own risk. However, if you read his write up it sounds like it does what you're looking to do.

Yea i think ultimately i am going to have to use a mix of tweaking the canned shit and adding what i can here and there till i can figure it all out.

Trial and error.

If you insert EZD as a virtual instrument you have to option of having mixing capabilities for each price of the kit. Which i think is beyond awesome.

However, when you drag and drop or record to the assined instrument, all the midi notes(?) all go into the Virtual instrument track, all the other tracks have no audio or midi data. They are just blank tracks with a fader. .. ..

I'll keep plugging away...

Thanks guys.

However, when you drag and drop or record to the assined instrument, all the midi notes(?) all go into the Virtual instrument track, all the other tracks have no audio or midi data. They are just blank tracks with a fader. .. ...

Yeah, you have to edit in the midi editor. It's pretty easy, though. I really enjoy doing it too. The canned grooves are okay, but you can really bring them to life if you make a thousand tweaks. I can spend hours doing that. :D

HAHA. I'll keep that in mind haha!!!

I'm far to impatient for that. I just want to have the track there so i can giver, and get the song pumped out.

I think i need to get over that. HAHA.

But i will say this, this EZD stuff is so much more fun and realisitc then the version of Fruity Loops i was using. !!

Light years difference.

Atom Bomb. there is a tutorial on youtube for ex drummer in reaper that will get you started where you want to go. lemme see if I can find the link. well I thought so but just search"ez drummer" reaper in the search field in you tube.

Back