EZDrummer - Cymbal volume low/can't change volume

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I built a midi drum file by using some EZDrummer midi and making changes myself in the midi track view in Cakewalk. It plays the midi fine using my laptop soundcard or my Yamaha Keyboard. The volumes of the various drums/cymbals are as expected and as I programmed it.

I import the midi into Sonar and route through EZDrummer (Basic) and none of the drum volumes are the same. I have almost no cymbals and those which I do have are a ride cymbals not a crash cymbal which is what I programmed.

I tried midi velocity changes within Sonar and it makes virtually no difference when I play the drum track through Sonar/EZDrummer.

I notice in piano roll view that the instruments are way fewer / different than those shown in Cakewalk. There are maybe 8 or 9 drums/cymbals and no crashes, several piano keys make the same drum or cymbal sound. It's like it's limited by EZDrummer to the number of instruments.

I'm using EZDrummer Lite/Sonar 6. It produces a single Audio track in Sonar so individual drum/cymbal volumes are not possible.

How do I get the volume on the drums and the types of drum sounds (i.e. crash cymbals) to sound the same in Sonar/EZDrummer as they do through my soundcard/keyboard?

Back