Excellent insight into recording drums by a pro "Produce like a Pro" Warren Huart

TAE

All you have is now
Excellent insight into recording drums by a pro "Produce like a Pro" Warren Huart

Knowing very little about the recording of drums this video was very informative for me to understand Warrens perspective on getting the drums down... some damn good thoughts shared with us peons for nada...

If you don't know who Warren is ( I didn't) here's from Wiki..
Warren Huart is a multi-platinum producer for The Fray, Daniel Powter, Marc Broussard, Trevor Hall (singer), Korn, Better Than Ezra, James Blunt, Matisyahu, Ace Frehley, Aerosmith and Howie Day. His works are also included in Film and Television most notably for Inglourious Basterds, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, MTV’s The Hills (TV series), Lost (TV series), Scrubs (TV series), and Grey’s Anatomy. Warren Huart is the owner of Spitfire Studio in Los Angeles, California as well as a DIY YouTube Channel called "Produce Like a Pro"

I subscribe to his free e-mail newsletter and though there is definitely places you can spend some money if you want to go deeper with him...for me his freeby stuff is damn nice and informative for him to give away..FREE...May the Karma wheel roll well for him...

35 minutes? I will have to check back on this in a bit!

*edit*

"You don't have to put expensive mics on there, but here are the $5000 mics I use for my toms" :D

Last edited:
I'm a fan of warren's but yeah he's often like "I like to eq my tracks through an ssl 4000 but you can just as easily use a plugin." Lol yeah that's probably the option for me.

I'm a fan of warren's but yeah he's often like "I like to eq my tracks through an ssl 4000 but you can just as easily use a plugin." Lol yeah that's probably the option for me.

Gotta say this crazy plugin world is just at it's birth in relation to what will be available in 5 years yet alon 20 years from now........Frickin unbelievable what is out there for free or for a few bucks.... For less than $1k I have a simple
"In The Box" studio that can get results that multi million dollar studios of the 60's and 70's would have been hard pressed to get....

Really cool that he records in a normal bedroom. Gives me hope for my 'homestudio' really cool!

Lots of cool stuff on his channel!

This video:

(can't post a link, since this is my first post here, but search for "$1700 vs. $100000 Microphone Setup? - Warren Huart: Produce Like A Pro" and you will find the video)

is also great, giving some evidence about what really matters, instrument, player, room. gear.

:thumbs up:

Back