Drum Machines

pastel11

I currently own an Alesis SR-16 drum machine that I purchased when it first came out (a long time ago). The sounds on it are showing their age to say the least and I'd like to get a new drum machine. Does anybody know of a drum machine that's easy to use, has four outputs (like the Alesis) and sounds as good as say, the roland groovebox (which only has stereo outs and is not as user friendly as the Alesis)?

Thanks for any help

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pastel11:
I currently own an Alesis SR-16 drum machine that I purchased when it first came out (a long time ago). The sounds on it are showing their age to say the least and I'd like to get a new drum machine. Does anybody know of a drum machine that's easy to use, has four outputs (like the Alesis) and sounds as good as say, the roland groovebox (which only has stereo outs and is not as user friendly as the Alesis)?

Thanks for any help

Steve
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Steve,
If it's just the actual "sounds", why don't just purchase a Sampler, and program the patterns using the SR, and trigger sounds from the Sampler?

I've sen Akai S2000's on E-bay for as litle as $300.00.
You could probably pick one up with the 8 outputs and all of that for around $500 to $600 used.

Tim

Back