Creating drum track ...

Fed

What would be your preffered method to creating drums track if you had following choices:

Sequncing:
Boss DR-5
Acid 2.0
Play keyboard into software

Sounds:
Boss DR-5 (probably not :))
Acid
GigaStudio

I was trying different approaches and wanted to get some feedback on how other people do it in simular situations.

So far I tried to play drums on the keyboard and program DR-5 I prefer later as it's tight right from the start but lacks in expreciveness. I also want to try to make a drum track in Acid with individual hits, which might proove too tidious.

I'm still trying to find what will work best for me and wanted to get your comments. Thanks everyone.

cheers

Drum track

I mostly play rock/metal music, so I mainly prefer the sound of a real drummer beating the heck out of an acoustic set. I can say that I have messed around with Fruity Loops some and got descent results programming beats with individual hits. I guess this is pretty close to what you are describing, using Acid. You can pretty much find drum samples for free all over the net so your not confined to one set of drum sounds like you would be with the Boss machine. It took me a while to program the beats at first but after a while its not that bad. This is prob the most inexpensive route, you should try it out and see waht you think before spending cash on a drum machine or anything else. Just my opinion.

Back