Can you name the drum types in this recording?

athrun200

I can hear Kick, snare but I can't name the other one.
It sounds so familiar but I just can't figure out what is that sound.

Yeah, e-drums don't necessarily have to have a real world analogue.

It could be another snare but heavily processed? Linkin Park used a very similar sound in Crawling. (Also... I just spent 5 minutes flipping through Linkin Park songs. Am I 15 again?!)

Honestly, there's any number of ways to get that sort of sound. Pretty sure in my library I have 3 or 4 similar-sounding samples that I ripped from Diablo II.

Yeah, e-drums don't necessarily have to have a real world analogue.
Thanks for the information. In fact, I am still a newbie to drum programming. All I know are kick, snare, hi-hat and cymbal.
After knowing it is "e-drums", I think I will go experimenting with it.

Thanks for the information. In fact, I am still a newbie to drum programming. All I know are kick, snare, hi-hat and cymbal.
After knowing it is "e-drums", I think I will go experimenting with it.

Add toms and you've got all the basic elements of a drum kit. But seriously, that drum sound doesn't make me think of any of those real drums, it just sounds like different kinds of fake to me.

Are there any books or articles related to "fake" drums? I want to know more about it.
It looks like it's not that effective for me to mess around with different filters.
I would like to know what has been done by others.

It might be more effective to figure out what you're trying to accomplish first and then point you towards tools that will help with that.

What kind of sound are you wanting to achieve? i.e. is there another artist you want to take inspiration from?

Back