can someone make this "work song" drum beat for me?

Nola

what i'm thinking is the 4 beat would get a real loud emphasis. the others would be quieter, even the 1.

also in the 2nd video, you can see their picks lagging behind and hitting late. what is that? it's not a poly rhythm right? it's just late hits?

also in the 2nd video, you can see their picks lagging behind and hitting late. what is that? it's not a poly rhythm right? it's just late hits?

Nola,
I cannot help you create the beats. However in video 1, watching closely, I think I can see her singing that swoosh-sound that accompanies her hard downbeat on the guitar.

I think you are overthinking the Second video. That clip is from O' Brother Where Art Thou. It's the chain gang busting rocks. Get 50+ guys swinging 10 pound sledge hammers and there will be some strike-lag. If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it. It's an adaptation of Homer's Odyssey.
D

Nola,
I cannot help you create the beats. However in video 1, watching closely, I think I can see her singing that swoosh-sound that accompanies her hard downbeat on the guitar.

I think you are overthinking the Second video. That clip is from O' Brother Where Art Thou. It's the chain gang busting rocks. Get 50+ guys swinging 10 pound sledge hammers and there will be some strike-lag. If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it. It's an adaptation of Homer's Odyssey.
D

+1 on watching O Brother Where Art Thou, regardless of the over-explaining.

thanks guys i kinda just made up my own 6/8 version and hit the bass guitar on 1 and the snare real hard on 4

Back