Cajon Information

DM60

Looking for some information on Cajons. I am thinking of purchasing Kopf S series, but seeing what others may be using or maybe recommend.

Any input would be appreciated.

Interesting, let us know how it works out. I've never seen a cajon paired up with a little snare - the cajon normally takes the place of the snare (and the kick).

Interesting, let us know how it works out. I've never seen a cajon paired up with a little snare - the cajon normally takes the place of the snare (and the kick).

I have recently learned that the Peruvian Cajon doesn't have a snare. I liked the fact that this one didn't have it either, but came with one. I have seen a few where you can "disengage" the snare or turn it around so the snare isn't being used (not sure how that works). Anyway, should be here on Thursday, hoping this will get the creative juices flowing again.

Oh and he made a video showing how that setup sounds.

That is kind of what I was going for, but I in now, I will try to make setup work. But now if it doesn't I have options, but it is really the setup I was looking for.

Honestly until very recently I didn't know about him and this video isn't that old. I had no idea they made kick drum heads for a 16" floor tom. I also had no idea that there was a conversion for it.

Honestly until very recently I didn't know about him and this video isn't that old. I had no idea they made kick drum heads for a 16" floor tom. I also had no idea that there was a conversion for it.

I think for those like me, who want a kit, but for various reasons don't want a full kit, this is a great option. Kick, hi hat, snare, ride. I mean, 90% of what most of us need. Good find IMO.

He is keeping it small for flying purposes. I think if it was me I would just go ahead and use an 18" crash ride and add a 12" tom to that setup. It wouldn't add that much to the footprint (in fact in the performance video it looks like he has an unused arm that could be used to mount a small tom) and I think I would rather have a crash ride over just a crash and a single tom gives a bit more versatility.

I actually have a kit that is configured 18" (kick), 8/10/12 toms and I have a 13" snare although a smaller one like he has in the video would be neat.

Back