cajon chicken

_brian_

Ok, I just found out about the cajon & would like to ask you guys for advice to see if it would fit my needs.

Basically I'm looking for an instrument that I can lay down a drum track immediatly. I have a drum kit in my studio but I need something to go along with my portastudio which I use as a song sketch pad in my bedroom. At the moment I have a mic connected to a pitch shifter & reverb, all I do to get drum sounds is to play brushes on my desk with this set up :D (it works believe it or not). The cajon may work better & may illiminate the need for all of these effects & bother. So can you think of anything better or do you agree that the cajon may be the answer?

Please don't mention a drum machine, I've had plenty & hated them all - I don't want to program - I want to play & I hate the crappy little "sensitive" pads as well, so playing on them in real time is out aswell!

PS can you get semi acoustic cajons? Probably a stupid question. :rolleyes:

Cheers lads

Save your money. Cardboard boxes, bits of wood and other found objects will work better (IMO) for what you want.

Just carry sticks and mallets, there are cool and usable sounds anywhere you go. EVERYTHING is a drum. :D

Cajons sound exactly like what they are; a thin plywood box.

YMMV, as always.

Cajons sound exactly like what they are; a thin plywood box.

They don't cost as little as a plywood box that's for sure

Cheers everyone, I'll just forget it then & buy some bits & bobs instead, your drummers' drumming logic is impecable as always :eek: :p It means I don't have to splash the sausage & mash.

Back