Boss DR-550 power supply and batteries question

svenmonet

I'm thinking of getting a DR-550 drum machine which is the unit I used to use 20 years ago and liked. My old machine is in the States and used 110v power. I'm now living in a country with 220v power. My question is if I buy one via eBay and have it shipped here will the power supply work no matter what country it was used in before? Alternately, what kind of batteries does it take? If I could at least use it with batteries I'd go ahead and order one.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of getting a DR-550 drum machine which is the unit I used to use 20 years ago and liked. My old machine is in the States and used 110v power. I'm now living in a country with 220v power. My question is if I buy one via eBay and have it shipped here will the power supply work no matter what country it was used in before? Alternately, what kind of batteries does it take? If I could at least use it with batteries I'd go ahead and order one.

Thanks.

A quick Googe shows me it needs a 9V supply with negative centre, just about the most common supply in the music world!
Get a 'Switch Mode Power Supply' of 1 amp rating and it will work anywhere in the world.

Dave.

Back