Best multi-track for drummers

NostraHistoria

My friend needs at least 7 inputs for all of his mics for his drums. Can anyone give suggestions on which multi-track he should get? I looked into the Tascam DP-32.

Stand alone? Also, does it need to be more than 4? A lot of people get a good sound with Kick, Snare and 2X OH. I know many people think more is better, but sometimes when starting out, less is more.

Just something to consider.

Stand alone? I am not sure what you mean, but he does not want to bring his computer to his basement to record. So, I guess it has to be stand alone. He needs seven mics hooked up to it at least.

Stand alone? I am not sure what you mean, but he does not want to bring his computer to his basement to record. So, I guess it has to be stand alone. He needs seven mics hooked up to it at least.

The DP-32 is a stand alone (self contained) verses a mobile recording unit. I use for example a Tascam US1800 and a laptop for tracking and mix on another computer (I could mix on this, but the laptop is very low grade). Many people prefer a single self contained unit others don't like the limitations and prefer mixing in a DAW. This is important for others to assist.

Not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand what your question is. DP-32 works, there is also a Zoom R series, works nice and can be chained with another for additional inputs.

Look under Portastudio for more units like the DP32. I've not head any complaints about the unit.

Back