ATTENTION!!! Cymbal Samples

Cooperman

This is mainly for dmcsilva and Slack who in the other thread about samples noted their lack of decent cymbal samples - but everyone is welcome to the following :)

I've manage to 'acquire' (don't ask how) some crash, splash, china and ride samples that I think are better than most of the others I've heard. Most of the cymbals have a brand name attached to them - I don't know if this means that they are actual samples of the real things or not - I don't know.

Unfortunately there are only 3 different crash variations, but all 3 are pretty good. If you are using Fruity Loops or something similar then you can change the pitch to vastly increase your cymbal variations.

IMHO the ride, splash and china samples are really good!!!

You can download these samples (2.8Mb) at www.juston.com/public/cooperman/Cymbals.zip

I'm also in the process of 'acquiring' kick, snare, tom, hi-hat etc samples from the same source as the cymbals. Soon as I'm done, I'll post 'em for everyone. Stay tuned.

[This message has been edited by Cooperman (edited 01-21-2000).]

Excellent! Some of these are pretty nice...but they all still suck to some extent. At least they're faded out instead of just being cut off abruptly...although the decay isn't too natural.

The Zildgen ride is most excellent. Exactly what I've been needing.

They must truncate the drum sounds to be friendly with MIDI sequencers and stuff...limited memory. Sucks for those of us who can use samples of any size.

THANK YOU! This set is as close to perfect as I've found...except for the Two Dude's samples which aren't cheap.

Slackmaster 2000

Back