Apex D-6 Drum mic test on a Mapex Armory Kit

Rolf Fiesel

Apex D-6 drum mic kit is truly under rated in all, the best i heard.. I'm glad i did..
mics almost a give away to me.. i was really like NO... but the boys at Long and Mcquade in Markham told me to give them i try !!! they blow the doors off the mainstream mics..the best i have heard in the studio yet..may i say a keeper !!!

Apex D-6 drum mic kit is truly under rated in all, the best i heard.. I'm glad i did..
mics almost a give away to me.. i was really like NO... but the boys at Long and Mcquade in Markham told me to give them i try !!! they blow the doors off the mainstream mics..the best i have heard in the studio yet..may i say a keeper !!!

They sound really good, what mic placement did you use?

i have a Mackie 24/8/2 mixer running flat... thanks for listening

just used their tom holders ....the over heads are just over the left and right cymbals over
the kit about a 13"

yup i edited my response.. lol ,,,i swear i read the word " pre amp"

no hole in the Resonant side of the BD

Last edited:
could be the hole in the drum being 8" or 12 "... and i had an 8" off center ..... looks cool but maybe not practical...no holes know.. i mean the Apex drum package is cheaper than a 52 and 57 combined for starters

+1 on the Apex dp6 drum mic set. I picked up several of the Apex 326 tom mics when they were $25. it seems they have gone up in price. They perform very well and i use them quite often when miking drums live.

Back