Any way to separate/pan different elements of AlesisSR18 drumline in stereo channels?

Thaddeus

Hi,

Newbie here. I just picked up an Alesis SR18 and got it pumping stuff into my mixing board.

I'm wondering if there's any way to pan different elements of the canned drum lines to try and give an auditory impression of drum placement. E.g., if I assign the left output channel to one mixer input, and the right output channel into a second mixer input, if there will be auditory "space". Or is the Alesis output just mono?

Or is there a way to do this with tracks I create in the Alesis, and the mono limitation (if there is one) is just pertinent to the canned drum lines?

thanks,

Thaddeus

Of course you'd have to pan the two mixer channels left and right...

I've never used an SR18, but I have used a couple other Alesis drum units and all of them have had the ability to set volume and pan for each drum in each kit. I can't imagine they would have rmoved that feature since it's pretty basic to the functionality of the thing. Not to say RTFM, but...RTFM!

Thanks! I am up to my eyeballs in manuals right now... I just s-canned my MobilePre interface running ProTools9 (32 bit) and went to Cakewalk Studio X3 (64 Bit), so I'm learning a whole new DAW. Could't see dropping the bucks on PT for the amateur level stuff I do, especially since getting it to run robustly is always such a screaming witch.

Anyways, thanks for the reassurance.

Back